Monday, June 21, 2010

"A Cup of Tea, a Cookie, and Yoo-hoo"*

Things have been busy, and I haven't had a lot of time for blogging so I am trying to play "catch up" now. About a month ago, I received an unexpected parcel at work. (I usually have my online purchases sent to the office, but this is one I didn't buy for myself.)

There was no indication on the outside of the package where it had come from or who had sent it. I couldn't contain my curiosity until I got home so I opened the box where I found a belated Easter gift from my parents: Royal Albert tea cups!! They were part of a commemorative collection celebrating 100 years of Royal Albert. I got the collection from the 1900s-1950s, and they are positively beautiful.

They came specially packaged in a gift hat box.


I particularly like that they have a pattern on the inside of the cup, and the saucers are beautiful too.


For now, I have put them in my china cupboard, but I am looking forward to using them for company. Hopefully some time soon with scones and cucumber sandwiches!!
*Witch Hazel, Looney Toons

1 comment:

  1. Melanie, these are sooo beautiful! I love a teacup with a bit of decoration inside the cup. When you're ready to initiate them with tea and scones, try my own recipe. They are scrummy!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...