Friday, May 25, 2007

Penmanship

I suffer from Repetitive Strain Injury, which basically means I have chronic tendonitis in my right arm from using the computer too much (curse you, Excel spreadsheets!!), and, in addition to causing me pain, it has effected my ability to hold things. Therefore, it has effected my ability to hold a pen, and therefore has changed my handwriting over the course of the three years I have had this condition.

Today, I wrote up a fax and signed my name to it. The way I wrote "Melanie"looks just like my dad would have written it. It is kind of cool that my handwriting is starting to look like dad's and actually quite horrifying at the same time because my dad is left-handed and his handwriting is not terribly legible. I e-mailed my sister to tell her the news because it concerned me, and I made a photocopy of the fax so that I could show her.

This is her response: "Lol that is BAD. But it means that you also have the same handwriting as Santa AND the Tooth Fairy!!!!"

Somehow, that just made things a lot less dire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...