Thursday, February 7, 2008

"Let us dare to read, think, speak and write."

A link to the below was on my receipt from the Post Office today, where I went to buy stamps at lunchtime. I thought it was great, and as I have been a pretty good letter writer in the past, I thought it was important to share this news.

Power of the Letter
Today, it's easy to forget the value of a heartfelt, handwritten letter or card. But the written word holds a singular place in the American story.

In his prolific correspondence, John Adams left us a remarkable first-person account of the birth of our nation, as well as a candid portrait of his life and personal relationships. John and his wife Abigail's letters offer a window to our past; we can be inspired to revive this tradition, to return to the enduring power of the written word, and leave a legacy for future generations.

And to celebrate letter writing, First-Class Mail® letters will be postmarked with our special Power of the Letter cancellation in February and March.

2 comments:

  1. I saw this on a receipt from the post office too. I went on the site and got a free card and the shipping and postage for me to send it was paid too! then i saw the same quote from the receipt on the outside of a letter i got yesterday..it's all pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw it too last week, and I think it is very important because not many people are aware of it, It is inspiring and I am start goig to write letters to people in position of public authority.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...