Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Music makes the people come together... yeah

I am in the process of putting all of my cds on my computer, and, subsequently, my 80G iPod Classic. At this point in time, I now have over 10,000 songs on the iPod (it is about half full.)

I decided to do this when I had to move my heavy cd racks and a bunch of the stereo equipment in my apartment to accommodate the annual visit of our condo's exterminator. I realized that, most of the time, instead of putting cds in the disc changer, I was just plugging my iPod into my tuner's AUX jack and playing playlists. (The playlist IS the mix tape for the new millennium.)

So I began the process of ripping the cds to mp3s. I already have ripped classical, film scores, world, reggae/ska, and jazz. I still have my entire pop/rock section to go (yes, I organize my cds by genre.) I will be putting my cds in storage with the absolute "must-keeps" in a little box in one of my closets (for the car and such).

It is nice to have some of the cds, especially for the car, but most new music I am downloading from iTunes. Plus, the way things are going with technology, it makes more sense to accumulate less stuff to clutter up the place. I know the music quality of the mp3s isn't the greatest, but are cds really all that better? Until they start making music in high definition, I think that I am going to stick with this plan.

Now, if I could just figure out what I am going to do with all my vinyl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...