Tuesday, September 8, 2009

In a Jam

On Saturday, September 5, around 11:20am, I was in my car driving from the Wrentham Outlets down to the Cape to visit my aunt for the long weekend when I got caught up in a major traffic jam. Traffic came to a complete halt for about 45 minutes while a medical helicopter, two ambulances, two tow trucks, and two fire trucks were brought in to deal with the situation.

By the time that traffic started moving again, there was no sign of what had happened, but the last of the firetrucks was only about a quarter of a mile from where I had stopped. There but for the grace of God go I, right? There was nothing about the accident on the news; hopefully the people involved will be all right.

This is what I-495 South looks like when it does an impersonation of the parking lot at Gillette Stadium:
Traffic Jam on 495 Traffic Jam on 495
Traffic Jam on 495 Traffic Jam on 495


However, because we were stopped, I got to take a better look at my surroundings. There really are some beautiful things along the sides of the nation's highways.
From I-495

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...