Wednesday, September 9, 2009

"I still believe we can do great things, and that here and now we will meet history’s test."

While watching the President's address to a joint session of Congress tonight, several of my friends and I were texting back and forth about the high and low points in the speech. We also noted the reference to Senator Kennedy in the speech and got choked up. (::sob sob:: Also, Congressman Patrick Kennedy still looks like he needs a hug, a cup of tea, and some peanut butter M&Ms.)

I think that is is cool that my cell phone's predictive text comes up with "Obama" every time I start a word beginning with the letter "o".

(Congressman Wilson, heckling the President by yelling "lie" during the session was not a very classy move.)

Stacie D had the perfect way of summing up the evening: "We watch politics like most people watch sports." So true. I just wish we had a cool "Democrats" hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...