Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Reunion Holiday Weekend

My suitemates from college and I try to have an annual college reunion weekend. We all stay pretty well connected, thanks to the internet, but we don't often all get to be in the same place at the same time so this time spent together is important. Usually, we go away to some New England locale and see the sights, eat a vast quantity of peanut butter M&Ms, shop, and laugh a lot. The past two years I missed the trip, last year for JR's wedding and the year prior because I had a wicked stomach bug (which may or may not have been stress induced), so I was excited to catch up with everyone. The nice thing about our group is that we never seem to run out of things to talk about, but at the same time, we can also be comfortably quiet together.

Fudge, York Beach York Beach
York Beach York Beach

This year's trip took us to York Beach, Maine. Even though I grew up in New England and am still located here, I have only been to Maine a handful of times, and this was my first visit to York. It is a real beach community and in some ways reminds me of Ocean City, MD, where my family used to spend our summer vacations when I was a child. We walked into town from the house we rented, ate ice creamlunch at the famous Goldenrod Kisses, clambered out on the rocks at Nubble Lighthouse on Cape Neddick, made a puzzle, combed the beach for seaglass and shells, ate too much, slept too little, and had a generally grand old time.

We have already started to think about next year's trip, possibly in Vermont. I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...