Friday, August 26, 2011

"It's a tornado, it's a tornado going through the small town..."*

Email from my dad earlier today reads as follows:
Subject: Hurricane

Message: Do you have flashlights? Please forgive me..... Do you have a torch?
(The answer is, yes, I have several actually, as well as candles, and I stocked up at the grocery store earlier this week. I am also charging all devices tonight in readiness.)

Battening down the hatches (which in my case means bringing inside all of my window box plants) before the storm. Irene is supposed to hit at Sunday night/early Monday morning; I wonder if I will sleep through it. With any luck, by the time it gets to Massachusetts, it will be a tropical storm.


*line from Happy, Texas




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...