Sunday, July 8, 2012

Deuce

Today's Wimbledon men's final is very exciting to Britons (and Anglophiles alike) because this is the first time since 1938 a Brit is in the final. (Fred Perry was the last one to win in 1936.)

And the first time that I have ever rooted AGAINST Roger Federer in a men's tennis final.

Reminds me of this fun rom-com/sappy sports movie...


 If Andy Murray doesn't end up winning today, I will have to give Paul Bettany a shot. (SPOILER: Yes, there is a happy ending to the film. Hopefully there will be a happy ending to today's match!)

Fred Perry has a shirt named after him; I wonder what Murray would get. A kilt?  ;-)  Back to the nail biting (Federer is ahead in the second set as I type.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...