Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Social Responsibilities

It's that time of year again...

I don't buy them for myself... I buy them for the girls... (who am I kidding? I LOVE me some Thin Mints.)

Over the weekend, I worked up a mock up of something that I want to use in my personal life - a social calling card. It's a new fashioned spin on an old fashioned custom. In the past, before the age of dialing ahead, if a visitor called on a friend and the friend was out at the time, the visitor would leave a calling card so that the friend knew they had stopped in. My concept builds on that idea, combining it with the practicality of a business card. My card enables the carrier to provide new acquaintances with their social contact information effortlessly, like their mobile number and their personal e-mail address.

I ran into a bit of a snafu when I realized the pre-cut cards I had purchased were too small to run through my printer. I will have to start with a big sheet of card stock and cut them down for version 2.0. For now, I will just handwrite them, which looks okay, but I have such lovely fonts that I would have preferred to use. I am going to stick with the pink and brown because I love that color combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...