Thursday, September 13, 2007

Six Months in a Leaky Boat

Last night, while I was taking my shower, there was a loud banging at my front door. I got out of the shower, still covered in soap, and grabbing a towel ran to the door and shouted through it. It was my downstairs neighbor, whose bathroom was flooding, through the ceiling, from my unit.

The 100 year old plumbing in my unit finally crapped out and is going to need to be replaced. Fortunately for me, this is a common area problem, and the condominium association is going to pay for it. Unfortunately for me, my bathroom floor will need to be jackhammered, and I will be without a tub or sink for the next few days. Looks like my commitment to return to the gym is going to be bumped up by a few days. I just wish that my neighbor had said something two weeks ago, when he first noticed the brown stain in his bathroom ceiling; this could have been fixed before a larger problem (ie. flooding) occurred.

Since this is a common problem in my condo, I am going to suggest at the next board meeting that we get proactive about this, rather than waiting for all of the pipes to wear through. While it is pretty bad being on the source of the problem end, I don't want to be on the receiving end either!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...