Friday, September 11, 2009

The Last of the Summer Herbs


Urban herb garden
Originally uploaded by melliemels.
I have a little urban herb garden set up in flower boxes outside my bedroom window. In one box, I have parsley and basil, from which I have been making delicious pesto. In the other I have chives, dill, sage, and rosemary. The sage I grew from seeds and it took FOREVER for the plants to grow, so next year, I will buy the plants ready grown instead.

It has been nice having a little summer garden. It would be even nicer if the plants could survive the cold weather, but I am not counting on it. So I am enjoying them while I still can. I will have to think of something clever to make with the rosemary. Maybe rosemary scones??

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...