Monday, November 9, 2009

Bring on the clothes


Last week, JR and I went to see Coco avant Chanel at the Kendall Square Cinema. I was really inspired by Chanel's style, as portrayed on the screen by Audrey Tautou, so I purchased a long string of fake pearls which I have been wearing doubled up and a pair of fake pearl set in silver clip-on earrings (which I have to take off when I use the phone which makes me feel like I am in a movie from the 1940s or 50s.)

While the movie was good, it wasn't great (although it reminded me a lot of La môme, which I liked a lot), but it certainly inspired me to take a look at the classic Chanel style and embrace some of its signature pieces (while I flat out reject Karl Lagerfeld and his comments about thin models.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...