Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Seven Things Making Me Smile

Once again, I am posting a list of seven things that are currently making me happy. This is to serve as a little reminder/pick me up for myself because things are a bit stressful at the moment.
  1. The new series of Doctor Who. Was a little concerned with all the changes this year: new production team, new cast, new TARDIS, new theme. That's a lot of "news" for someone not very keen on change, but I am really liking this new Doctor and the new series on the whole. It did take me while to warm up to Amy Pond, the new companion, but now I think she is pretty good. "Got my spaceship, got my boys, my work here is done." (She's no Donna Noble, though.)
  2. Today's State Opening of Parliament. Nobody does pomp and circumstance like the Brits. (I would love to have that Black Rod job, banging on the door and inviting the House of Commons into the House of Lords.)
  3. The Friendly Toast in Kendall Square. Meeting up with a couple friends there after work. They have a whole drink menu with concoctions named after Hitchcock films! They also serve breakfast all day long. Who doesn't love "all day breakfast"?
  4. Having an electronic organizer again. I finally replaced my dead Palm Pilot with an iPod Touch. I don't really understand how to use it yet, and I am sure that I could benefit from some "aps", but, for now, it does what I want (well, except for Bluetooth syncing with my laptop, grrr.) The reminder alerts are key.
  5. Series 2 of Lark Rise to Candleford, which I just finished on dvd. I tried to make it last longer by only watching one episode at a time, but I couldn't do it. I can't wait for series 3!! It is like Cranford with more delightful characters and a lot more episodes. Plus, the costumes that Julia Sawalha wears are simply gorgeous! Beautiful costumes are "my one weakness".
  6. Saturdays. I had become a bit of a "weekend hermit", so one of my goals for 2010 was to make sure that I had something to do with a friend for a significant portion of the day on Saturday, preferably out of the house. So far, so good, and SO FUN!!
  7. You are now able to shop on the Vera Bradley website! I was able to buy the bag I wanted to complete my travel luggage in Frankly Scarlet, my discontinued pattern! Can't wait to use it on a weekend away. (I used to be very anti-Vera Bradley back in the day, but now I totally love it. There is nothing like having a cheerfully colored bag.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...