Friday, September 17, 2010

"In Dublin's fair city, where the girls are so pretty, I first set my eyes on sweet Molly Malone"*

If you haven't been following my Twitter feed or been checking out my Flickr page, then you will be surprised to hear that I spent the majority of the last two weeks in Ireland!! Sister K and I went on a bus tour around Ireland with a group from her church. Despite the fact that we were pretty much the youngest people on the tour (something that initially had me concerned), we had a great time and made a lot of new friends (many of whom were more up for late night fun and excitement than I was!)

This was my first time on a tour, and I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. (A lot of early mornings and changing hotels, it turns out, which made me a little crabby. Fortunately, a timely email from JeGlide reminded me that I wasn't on vacation, but on an adventure.)

We started our adventure in Dublin:

General Post Office, Dublin Georgian doors, Dublin
Temple Bar, Dublin Molly Malone, Grafton Street, Dublin
Four Courts, Dublin Guinness storehouse
St. Patrick's Cathedral, Dublin Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin



* First line from the traditional Irish song "Molly Malone"

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...