Sunday, March 13, 2011

"The lighthouse lifts its massive masonry, A pillar of fire by night, of cloud by day."*

My old co-worker often spoke about the beauty of Nobska Light. (She used to have a photo of it as the desktop on her computer.) I finally got myself to Woods Hole this weekend and took some shots of the lighthouse. My trusty driver (AK) and I decided to drive the bike route through Falmouth rather than take the main road (Rte. 28), and it was such a nice drive (although Sister B would have motion sickness within the first five minutes - LOTS of twists and turns.)

When we left to go down to WH, it was sunny; by the time we got there, it wasn't. Shortly after we left, the sun reappeared. But it didn't make it a bad day for taking pictures. The clouds looked really cool with little bits of light peeking through. Added bonus: we were the only ones there!

Nobska Point Light Nobska Point Light
Nobska Point Light Nobska Point Light
Woods Hole, Massachusetts Nobska Point Light


I now have eight lights in my New England lighthouse photo collection!


*from The Lighthouse by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...