Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Don't Get Me Wrong; I Still ::Heart:: My Books

After reading my post about how much I am enjoying my Kindle, my friend MEM forwarded me an old email where I said:
Sent: Monday, June 29, 2009 12:52 PM
Subject: You aren't going to get me to start reading my books like this
I like books. I like the way that they smell, the way that they feel. I like to make notes in their margins and correct typos that I may find. If they were previously owned, I like to think about the person who read the book before me, especially the books that I inherited from my grandparents’ houses. Lastly, I like to hug them when I am done.
When MEM jokingly reminded me that I didn't always feel so positively about not-book books, I replied with the following observation:
[I like my Kindle] for the convenience/weight factor. It just isn’t very good for the hugging. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...