Wednesday, November 30, 2011

KBO

One hundred thirty-seven years ago today, the Right Honourable Sir Winston Leonard Spencer-Churchill KG OM CH TD PC DL FRS was born. I like to invoke one of Churchill's WWII catchphrases, "KBO" ("Keep Buggering On"), whenever things start to get tough.

The last time I was in London, I visited the Churchill Cabinet War Rooms for the first time. I loved that museum; I learned SO much about both Churchill and the war. It gave you a real feel for what Churchill's HQ was like during WWII, the most chilling part being the sounding of the air raid siren. I remember remarking to Je Gilde as we left that London during the Blitz seemed like New York during 9/11 - every day for eight months! I definitely want to go back to the museum the next time I go to England... which is a subject for another day...


I am also a fan of FDR, so I put together this little inspirational graphic (from images I'd found on the internet) to leave on my desktop when times are particularly frustrating at work. It actually helps keep me going (and keep things in perspective too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...