Friday, December 7, 2012

Have a Happy Hipster Christmas

CB2 is Crate & Barrel's modern furniture and decor line for the hip, urban, apartment-living kind of person I never really was even when I was urban and apartment-living. (I am much more an eclectic traditionalist.) I think that I ended up on their mailing list by accident. (I do love regular Crate & Barrel.)
Flipping casually through the latest CB2 catalog the other day (it usually goes straight into recycling,) I had to pause and laugh when I saw these guys. These are supposedly "Modern Worker" Christmas ornaments. To me, they are people from my old neighborhood in Allston. The only character missing is the band member with his guitar case.

2 comments:

  1. I just found you through a Google alert. I can't even remember which one because your Nutcracker and hipster posts caught my eye. Oh and the Anglophile thing too.
    I don't get CB2 either. http://americanhousewifeinlondon.blogspot.com/2012/01/life-interrupted.html?m=1

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and also for sharing on your blog. Glad to know there are other folks out there who just don.t get the whole ballet thing! (Or the CB2.) ;-)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...