Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Urgh-y Words

I have some friends who have words in the English language that make them uncomfortable. To be plain honest, the words give them the heebie jeebies. I have one friend who cringes hearing the word "custard". I have another friend who throws up her hands when the word "panties" is mentioned. Then you have the ever famous "episiotomy", which used to make the women who lived in my college suite cross their legs and wince.

For me, I am totally bothered by the word "moist". It doesn't make me think of nice soft gooeyness, like in "moist cake". Instead, I think that it sounds like something really dirty, that you would find under a stone along with some mushy slugs or something. I think that it is that dipthong in the middle that just gives it that twist that pushes it over the edge. MOIOIOIOIST.

Eww.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...