Thursday, March 23, 2006

New household addition

Yesterday, my new Kenmore dishwasher was installed. I have christened it "Supah Klean" to along along with its sister, Supah Kool (the refridgerator.) I was home for about three hours with the plumpers and then the electricians. Sometimes I think that I made the wrong career decision. Those plumbers sure make a lot of money, and everyone sits around waiting for them.

I ended up having to unscrew the bottom panel of the dishwasher and reposition the springs that hold the door because it wouldn't lay horizontal. Somewhere between the late arrival of the electricians and the electricans leaving the setting was changed because it didn't have that problem when the plumbers left, and I spent an hour alone with my new dishwasher with the fancy basket for the cutlery and the special holders for stemware. New appliance smell is a happy one.

Anyhow, I realised after having fixed the springs that one of the best things that ever happened to me was being taught how to use an electric screwdriver/drill. One was put in my hand my senior year of college when we were building sets for our production of My Fair Lady (I was Mrs. Pearce, the housekeeper,) and I haven't looked back since. It is good to have tools in one's home and to know how to use them. It makes you very independent. I really am the most handy kid in our family. Makes me wonder if in another life I would have done well as a mechanical engineer.

...NAHHHH

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...