Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Driver's Ed

One thing that I learned when learning to drive in the snow in New England (lessons consisted of my father forcing me to get into skids in a Buick Estate station wagon so that I could learn to pull out of them) is that common courtesy for other drivers means cleaning off your car. Your whole car. This includes the roof and your head and tail lights.

The apple green Volkwagon bug driving in front of me on the way to work this morning did not receive this instruction, clearly. I don't even think that they bothered to put on the rear defroster. One little patch of cleared glass really isn't going to get anyone very far.

With the freezing rain starting this morning, they are going to have an interesting time getting back into their car tonight. I hope that I don't end up behind them again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...