Thursday, December 18, 2008

Let Me Show You the Cold in My Eyes

One of my colleagues thought it was amusing when I told her today that I have a "cold in my eyes" so I am blogging about it, in a bit of solidarity with other people who have this tendency.

I started catching "colds in my eyes" within the last 3 years. Instead of catching a cold like people normally do - the coughing, sneezing, achy, stuffy head, fever, sore throat - I get very irritated, watery eyes. They usually start out feeling like sand is trapped in them, and then tears start flowing down my face uncontrollably. I might have some of the other normal cold symptoms, but a lot of the time, I just get irritation in my eyes. The first time this happened, I thought it might be pink eye. I even went to the doctor - something I am normally disinclined to do, and the PA told me that I didn't have pink eye. What I had was a cold, and there was nothing she could give me for it.

I would much rather have the stuffy head/sneezing/sore throat because you can usually take some kind of medicine for those symptoms. For the eyes, not so much; they are too sensitive for drops. Even closing them is uncomfortable. My dad currently has a cold. Unless we both get cured soon, it is going to make for an interesting Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry, Mel, but that is funny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)

    I was mentioning it to a non-work friend, and she has another friend who ALSO has a cold in her eye!! I am no longer alone.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...