Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Edward M. Kennedy, 1932-2009

"For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dream shall never die."

I am sitting at home today on the couch with a crummy summer cold, complete with pot of tea with honey, watching the coverage on the news. They interviewed the priest who was with the Senator and the family last night, and the interviewer expressed some surprise that Senator Kennedy was a man of quiet prayer. That doesn't surprise me in the least. I think that is a huge part of being an Irish Catholic American. Your politics may be in direct conflict with the stances of the Church, but that doesn't stop you from having a deep and reverent faith.

Thank you, Senator Kennedy, for your service to the nation and the Commonwealth. I am so proud to have had you as my representative in the Senate. You and your family are in my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...