Monday, July 5, 2010

"As long as I gaze on Waterloo sunset, I am in paradise"

Ten years ago this month, I went on my very first trip to England. Despite some initial culture shock - such as traffic on the wrong side of the road and an initial difficulty in finding food we liked (the food thing has not been a problem on subsequent visits; I don't know what we were doing wrong) - it was a wonderful time, and, in so many ways, it almost felt like I was coming home to a home I didn't know, except in my head and in my heart.

Coincidentally, or perhaps not so much so because I was completely in love with my subject, the first time I took photographs that I really loved was on this trip. I recently took the film to get redeveloped as digital prints on a cd. The film held up surprisingly well, but I did have to do a little bit of digital editing to them to crop out a weird line that appeared at the top of some of the shots. On the whole though, I really am as pleased with how they turned out now as I was when I first saw them ten years ago.


Court of St. James Westminster Abbey
St. Paul's Cathedral Palace of Westminster
Hampton Court Palace Hampton Court
King's Cross Railroad Station The Thames & Tower Bridge, from London Bridge



post title lyrics compliments of The Kinks

1 comment:

  1. Buildings always seem more impressive when photographed upwards. Interesting cropping too. I've learned a new word in the last two days....anglophilia

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...