Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Jubilee!

For what I believe must have been my ::coughcough:: 30th ::coughcough:: birthday, my good friend MEM gifted me with a fabulous present: a vintage Queen Elizabeth II coronation colouring book!! It is probably one of my favourite birthday presents EVER. (It looks just like this one being sold on eBay.)

So that I wouldn't damage the book itself, I took it to work and photocopied my favourite pictures so that I could still take advantage of the colouring part of the fun. I had those colored in pictures at my work space until I left. Of course, they were taped up, hidden, in a cabinet so I was the only one who knew they were there, but that as part of the fun.




On my desk at my new job (yes, I have a new job!), I have a Cavallini and Co. calendar of vintage London images, which was given to me by my friend Alecia. This month, the image is the "Keep Calm and Carry On" logo that we have all come to know and love superimposed over a Union Flag. It's doing its thing: keeping me calm. Well done!

I had a lot going on the weekend of the Jubilee events so I ended up DVRing the coverage on ABC and BBC America and have been slowly catching up with all the events and documentaries. I have to agree with so many of the other comments and reviews that I have read of the festivities: the Brits really know how to throw a party!  Well done and congratulations to the Queen!  60 years on the throne and still keeping things classy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...