Wednesday, October 31, 2012

""The moon was a ghostly galleon, tossed upon cloudy seas."*

Happy Halloween, readers! Last night, I carved my first Jack o'lantern in a very long time. I had forgotten how messy scooping out the inside of the pumpkin could be. I made a small wreck in my kitchen (fortunately, I'd put down newspaper before I started), and I accidentally cut my hand, which still hurts, but over all I am pleased with the result.  I think it kind of looks like the one Charlie Brown modeled for in "It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown." (I like my pumpkins to be spooky rather than artistic. I think this one is pretty good in the spooky department.)  

The moon last night was simply amazing, straight out of Alfred Noyes' poem. It was bright and full, and the wind kept blowing the clouds across it, giving it an affect that usually only is found in the movies.  I could have kept watching it from my porch all night. It sends wonderful shivers up the spine.

Really excited to get my first trick or treaters at my very own house for the first time. I hope that I have enough candy for them!!

 
*The Highwayman by Alfred Noyes

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...