Friday, November 18, 2005

Caffeine withdrawal

I had been trying to catch up cut back on my Diet Coke intake this semester as it had been pretty bad last April and May, averaging about five or six 12oz cans of the stuff a day. Usually, I had one in my hand with a spare "hidden" in my suit jacket pocket. This was not good.

So I cut back over the course of the summer down to one 14oz bottle of DC a day and the rest was water. It got to the point where a 12oz can of soda was a dessert at the end of the day. I was feeling better, sleeping better and even my dentist said that my teeth and gums looked better.

Can you see where this is going?

The stress has finally gotten to me, and I am back on the Diet Coke full force. I tried not to drink any today and feel AWFUL. What the heck do they PUT in that stuff? It is like crack! and I am hooked! I had to have three chocolate truffles just to get my head to stop splitting (don't laugh, faithful readers;the Advil I took didn't work.) Now I am ready to go home, with an hour and fifteen still left on the clock. I hope that I can make it until then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...